Clinical Manager (PT 25 hrs/week)
The Clinical Manager is responsible for supporting the Association and Program team in achieving strategic goals through volunteer recruitment and management, community building and mobilization, and providing direct support to families, people living with dementia, and caregivers. The ideal candidate will possess a deep knowledge of dementia, skills in program facilitation and volunteer recruitment/management, and the ability to train and teach other adults to deliver high-quality services.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing Care Consultation Level 1 to individuals and families based on Helpline call follow-up, physician referral, direct chapter contact, and other community needs.
- Advocating on behalf of those living with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia and their caregiver.
- Maintaining accurate records through our data management system.
- Utilizing chapter resources responsibly, using telephonic or video call options when appropriate to minimize travel and staff time.
- Collaborating with the Program Director on the Association’s strategic initiatives to meet all KPI goals in relation to care consultations.
- Serving as a resource expert on the topics of dementia care for the Alzheimer’s Association, the program team, and communities served.
- Representing the Association at clinical events, conferences, networking groups, and speaking engagements as needed.
- Participating in community forums to grow program reach and ensure that the work of the Association is well presented in the community.
- Supporting the chapter’s efforts in community mobilization and volunteerism by serving as a resource in local communities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, nursing or related field required
- 3 or more years of experience in dementia care required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
- Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Google suite and; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn the Personify CRM database and volunteer management system.
Position Location: Dayton, OH
Part time: 25 hours/week
Position Grade: 205
Reports To: Program Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: CLINI001494