The position is responsible for conducting home visits to individuals and families in order to provide assessment, counseling and case management services. The Case Manager is also responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of the program. The position reports to the Care Consultation Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, coordinate and conduct home visits.
- Provide written individual and family assessments and reassessments.
- Provide information, support, and referrals related to the identified needs of clients.
- Assist clients in accessing services and resources.
- Record and maintain required documentation.
- Conduct program evaluations.
- Develop and maintain client referral materials and brochures.
- Participate on agency committees and agency work groups, community coalitions and advocacy groups.
- Maintain working relationships and a referral base through networking with other professionals.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at public forums, conferences, and media events; function as an advocate representing the Alzheimer’s Association in the community.
- Assist the supervisor to ensure integration of strategic directions into the department work plan.
- Assist in the marketing of agency programs and services.
- Assist in Chapter event activities and other assignments as dictated by the needs of the Chapter.
- Master’s degree in social work.
- State of Michigan licensure required (LLMSW).
- Experience with organizing, planning and conducting in-home assessments and reassessments.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in case management preferred.
- Working knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias preferred.
- Effective writing, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Frequent travel around Genesee County.
- Case management provided in client homes.
- Normal to fast paced office environment.
- High degree of public contact.
- High degree of telephone use.
- High degree of public speaking/presentations.
- Work may be stressful at times.
- Commitment to a professional code of ethics.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, caregivers, staff, volunteers and external contacts to build and maintain effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport materials up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate designated office equipment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. The holder of this position will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change if and when necessary.
Job Reference #: 3795