Care Consultation Manager
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Care Consultation Manager is responsible for developing, managing and growing an exemplary Care Consultation program throughout the 96-county Greater Missouri Chapter. The position goal is to significantly scale up the chapter’s ability to serve persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders to achieve growth outlined in the strategic plan.
Measureable outcomes are 15% annual growth of unduplicated service users and quality Care Consultations and creation of sustainable partnerships to deliver these programs with emphasis on reaching minority, high risk and underserved populations.
CORE CHARACTERISTICS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstrated success providing quality clinical support to individuals with Alzheimer’s and their families with solid knowledge of dementia, dementia-related resources, constituent needs and best practices.
* Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers, staff, and external partners to build and maintain successful teams and increase services to communities that have had low participation; demonstrated success generating referrals to services through sustainable partnerships.
* Demonstrated success in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of staff and student interns; ability to coach and develop staff and student talents.
* Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences
* Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and implement growth opportunities to grow organization’s mission; displays innovative thinking.
* Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
* Ability to clearly communicate the mission ensuring everyone works toward the same goals.
* Demonstrated proficiency in use of technology essential to job function.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Care Consultation Program Management (80%)
* Increase Care Consultation program utilization by 15% annually with emphasis on increasing participation among populations that typically have low involvement.
* Ensure provision of high quality care consultations in person or virtually to assist Alzheimer’s families in understanding dementia, planning for future care needs, ability to cope; link clients to appropriate chapter and community resources; and significantly increase participation in clinical research, early stage programs and advocacy.
oCollaborate to identify, train and supervise staff and student interns to support the delivery of high-quality care consultation intervention and provide follow-up to chapter referrals in accordance with chapter and Home Office standards.
oDevelop new, sustainable community partnerships to deliver quality care consultation support to Alzheimer’s families.
* Ensure high quality program delivery (at least 90% satisfied); analyze results of annual evaluation and monitor ongoing quality assurance. Establish action steps to address areas for improvement.
* Provide back-up to 24/7 Helpline as needed; crossed trained to back-up Client Services Manager as needed.
* Regularly measure staff and student intern satisfaction, engagement and quality service delivery; conduct annual staff and student intern performance reviews with appropriate staff leadership.
* Ensure compliance with Home Office to collect data, document case notes, and conduct Core Services Quality Evaluation Initiative evaluation of the Care Consultation program; review Personify reports and other data to identify gaps in service delivery
* Ensure compliance with grant tracking and reporting
Community Partnerships (15%)
* Develop new, sustainable community partnerships that ensure referral of clients within one year of diagnosis to 24/7 Helpline.
oIn conjunction with Healthcare Initiatives staff, increase referrals from geriatric care managers, hospital discharge planners, Area Agencies on Aging, home care and other direct service providers with special attention to increasing participation among populations that typically have low involvement; perform outreach and develop relationships through presence at professional gatherings, presentations, written communication and selected 1:1 meetings
oIn partnership with Community Programs team, identify and cultivate relationships with communities to increase unduplicated constituents in targeted communities
General chapter responsibilities (5%)
* Attend chapter meetings and events as scheduled; serve on Alzheimer’s Association and community workgroups/committees as assigned
* Cultivate and recruit supporters for chapter fundraising events like Walk to End Alzheimer's and Longest Day. Generate leads for Development team.
* Education: Master’s degree in Social Work; License preferred.
* Clinical experience: 4 years’ clinical services experience providing care consultation or case management; dementia care experience preferred
* Demonstrated experience in quality program delivery/development/management/quality evaluation
* Strong public speaking skills, training and teaching skills, and experience in volunteer management
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google; ability to learn donor and service user software
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3495