The Care Consultant schedules and delivers care consultations through the eight counties of WNY providing direct support, disease education, care planning, and resources to individuals with dementia, their caregivers, and community members. This individual will also conduct outreach throughout the chapter region with the purpose of building and strengthening relationships within healthcare systems, organizations, groups, and communities, in order to increase referrals and expand the utilization of chapter programs and services. This is a grant-funded position.
* Provides care consultation services and assists program team with delivery and coordination of in-office, in-home, email, and telephone care consultations.
* Works closely with program staff to ensure efficient referral of clients to care consultation and other appropriate chapter services.
* Completes necessary documentation of client calls including detailed case notes, service usage, and demographic information
* Oversees and conducts chapter healthcare provider outreach and community initiatives across the eight county region, with particular attention to traditionally underserved areas
* Conducts direct outreach to create and enhance partnerships with healthcare systems, HMO’s, community clinics, service providers, physicians, social workers, case managers and ancillary healthcare resulting in increased referrals to Chapter programs and services
* Maintains accurate databases of key healthcare provider outreach targets, stakeholders, and service providers
* Collaborates with outreach staff to cultivate relationships with chapter’s diverse constituents and ensure that their interests and needs are welcomed and fully considered in care consultation and healthcare provider outreach. Priority populations include but are not limited to: African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, LGBTQ, geographically isolated, faith-based communities, and healthcare providers
* Engages community members, stakeholders, and professionals in discussion about the Association's services, importance of early intervention, and Rapid Referral program through speaking events and presentations.
* Collects, enters, and tracks data related to program goals, grants and other chapter activities as directed by supervisor
* Promotes organizational mission through active participation in local coalitions, committees, and health events
* Partners with chapter staff in development and evaluation of programs supporting major chapter care consultation and outreach platform areas
* Provides guidance to students, volunteers, or support staff in conducting activities related to healthcare provider outreach initiatives
* Maintains programming in accordance with National Standards, Common Program Plan and current Strategic Implementation Plan
* Assists in various capacities with the delivery of all programs including: Information and Referral, Care Consultation, Education & Training, Support Groups, Early Stage, Respite, TrialMatch, Safety Services, Advocacy, Development, and any other programs throughout the service area
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Master’s degree in social work or a related field with at least three years of experience or a bachelor’s degree with five years of related experience
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working with clients, families, staff, volunteers and community members
* Knowledge of community social work, diversity and inclusiveness, community organizations, healthcare systems, and Alzheimer’s and related dementias
* Ability to build and enhance community relationships and to work effectively with community contacts
* Works effectively in a team-based environment with staff and volunteers
* Knowledge of data collection and skilled in maintaining databases
* Self-directed and flexible with exceptional organizational skills
* Able to prioritize and manage multiple job tasks.
* Effective public speaking skills and ability to work with media
* Flexible schedule required including nights and weekends
* Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel by car throughout the eight county region of Western New York with occasional out-of-area travel