As part of the clinical services team, this full time position provides in person, telephone and digital care consultations for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders and their families, in keeping with the Alzheimer’s Association’s mission, strategic plan goals, national standards and guidelines. This position requires significant teamwork and collaborative efforts with staff, volunteers, the contact center and referral sources including aging/clinical/social services organizations throughout the region. This full time position will be based in our Chapter headquarters in Philadelphia.
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide consultation with clients in a professional and compassionate manner via phone, email, in-person or on an approved digital platform (e.g. BlueJeans).
* Apply empathetic listening skills to assess clients’ needs.
* Access appropriate information and make recommendations for care and follow-up
* Help constituents better understand Alzheimer’s disease and behaviors commonly associated with it
* Link clients to emergency, chapter and/or community resources, as needed.
* Provide accurate and timely documentation and follow-up of consultation interactions and interventions
* Work closely with Contact Center staff and chapter clinical care team.
* Follow established Association Contact Center/Care Consultation policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
* Uphold the Alzheimer’s Association policy on client confidentiality
* Bring cases with legal, risk management, or ethical implications to the attention of the director in an expedient manner
* Act as a resource to other staff with issues of legal competency, guardianship, and advance directives.
* Work to increase participation among underserved populations, working with Diversity and Inclusion staff in improving awareness, education, and support. Use appropriate resources for managing language differences and culturally sensitive community resources.
* Evaluate individual consultations and overall program quality via pre and post service inventory tools, client satisfaction surveys and/or CSQEI surveys. Ensure high quality program delivery (at least 90% satisfied).
* Work in conjunction with chapter staff to market Care Consultation to generate leads and referrals to the program, providing coaching as needed.
* Create and submit Care Consultation Reports on a quarterly basis and as needed for securing grant funding support
* Provide leadership to all Chapter staff, including marketing department, to ensure all Chapter publications include promotion of care consultation service.
* Work in conjunction with Manager Physician Outreach and Helpline Coordinator to fulfill direct connect physician referral follow up calls and consultation requests.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Attend Chapter special events as requested
* Work with family and industry related teams for Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day to meet goals
* Attend WTEA’s as specified by Chapter Management
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* All other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or counseling required. Master's Degree andLicensure (LSW, LCSW) highly preferred.
* 3-5 years’ experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in geriatrics or mental health with expertise in dementia.
* Previous call center experience highly desirable.
* Bi-lingual preferred
* Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences
* Ability to collect and analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
* Ability to clearly communicate the mission ensuring everyone works toward the same goals.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
* Absolute commitment to confidentiality
* Excellent judgment with ability to work in a changing environment.
* Comfort in dealing with diverse populations
* Excellent computer skills, including understanding and utilizing databases
* A valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, proof of insurance, willingness to travel throughout the service region