The Care Consultant assists persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders in accordance with the mission of the Association. This position goal is to significantly scale up the Chapter’s ability to serve persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders to achieve growth outlined in the strategic plan.
CORE CHARACTERISTICS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstrated success providing quality clinical support to individuals with Alzheimer’s and their families with solid knowledge of dementia, dementia-related resources, constituent needs and best practices.
* Demonstrated success working with diverse populations
* Ability to work with partners to expand program utilization with an emphasis on reaching minority, high risk and underserved populations
* Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences
* Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
* Ability to clearly communicate the mission ensuring everyone works toward the same goals.
* Demonstrated proficiency in use of technology essential to job function.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Care Consultant primary responsibilities (90%)
* In coordination with the designated partner health system, provide high quality consultations to new and existing patients and families either in person or virtually.
oConsultations include education for Alzheimer’s families, creation of action plan for future care needs and linkages to appropriate chapter and community resources
* Ensure high quality program delivery and significantly increase participation in clinical research, early stage programs and advocacy.
* Ensure compliance with Home Office data collection and generate qualitative and quantitative reports for the partner health system.
* Provide back-up to other Alzheimer's Association Care Consultants as needed.
General responsibilities (10%)
* Serve on Alzheimer’s Association and community workgroups/committees as assigned
* Maintain case histories, service statistics and grant-related paperwork.
* Attend Alzheimer's Association and (designated health system) staff meetings as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling or related field preferred, with experience in field of aging or dementia, or bachelor’s degree in unrelated field with at least 2 years of direct aging and/or dementia experience, or equivalent social services/dementia-related experience. Related Master’s degree preferred.
* Clinical experience: 2 years’ clinical services experience providing care consultation or case management; dementia care experience preferred
* Experience in student supervision and volunteer management preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word); ability to learn donor and service user software
* Ability to travel by car between office locations and some travel throughout chapter service area; flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet community needs. Must have a valid driver’s license and personal transportation to travel between job sites.