The Care Consultant position provides advice and counsel to individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias according to approved clinical protocols. Care consulting services will include problem-solving on difficult behaviors, decision-making support, crisis assistance, guidance during transitions and connections to local services. This position reports to the Clinical Consultation Manager, and is based in Avon, OH.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
Care Consulting (85%)
- Provide telephone, e-mail, or in-person evidenced-based Care Consultation to individual caregivers or groups of family members including assessment, education, care planning and referrals.
- Achieve Care Consultation client contact time goals.
- Provide individuals and families with regular telephone follow-up support consultations.
- Manage referrals and caseloads in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provide assistance and direction to volunteers for telephone follow-up.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and service statistics.
- Record documentation in a timely manner in the client database system.
- Provide backup support for the Helpline program and community office locations as needed in Avon, Beachwood and Mentor.
- Participate as an active team member of Care and Support Services and Care Consultation, backup, meetings, and other duties as assigned.
Program Development/Relationship Management (15%)
- Increase and coordinate development and implementation of services to diverse communities and populations.
- Conduct outreach and build working relationships with service providers, care facilities and other stakeholders who collaborate on Association initiatives as necessary.
- Work to identify business opportunities and strengthening key relationships within the community to assist in growing unduplicated service contacts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in social work, public health, gerontology, psychology, sociology, counseling or related field
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency in maintaining systems and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- Advanced writing and computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Gmail, Google Apps
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive collaborative relationships
- Valid driver’s license and car for travel within service area
- At least 2 years of direct aging and/or dementia experience, or equivalent social services/dementia-related experience
- State of Ohio licensed professional including, LSW, LMFT, LPC, MCHES or other applicable professional licensure; license eligible
- Crisis and risk assessment experience with individuals and groups
- Knowledge of community resources in the field of aging
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish)
- Self-starter, able to work with little supervision
- Highly motivated
- Capable of taking a broad perspective as well as observing process & details
TIME AND HOURS
- 37.5 hours/week (full-time)
- Some evenings are required
- Primary work-site location(s): Lorain County: Avon, OH
- Some travel may be required to Avon, Beachwood and Mentor office sites
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. S/he will be required to follow any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.
Job Reference #: 3789