Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Care Consultant assists persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders in accordance with the mission of the Association. This position goal is to significantly scale up the Chapters ability to serve persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders to achieve growth outlined in the strategic plan.
CORE CHARACTERISTICS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstrated success providing quality clinical support to individuals with Alzheimer’s and their families with solid knowledge of dementia, dementia-related resources, constituent needs and best practices.
* Demonstrated success working with diverse populations
* Ability to work with partners to expand program utilization with an emphasis on reaching minority, high risk and underserved populations
* Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences
* Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
* Ability to clearly communicate the mission ensuring everyone works toward the same goals.
* Demonstrated proficiency in use of technology essential to job function.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Care Consultant primary responsibilities (90%)
* In coordination with the designated partner health system, provide high quality consultations to new and existing patients and families either in person or virtually.
oConsultations include education for Alzheimer’s families, creation of action plan for future care needs and linkages to appropriate chapter and community resources
* Ensure high quality program delivery (at least 90% satisfied initially) and significantly increase participation in clinical research, early stage programs and advocacy.
* Ensure compliance with Home Office data collection and generate qualitative and quantitative reports for the partner health system.
* Provide back-up to other Alzheimer's Association Care Consultants as needed.
General responsibilities (10%)
* Serve on Alzheimer’s Association and community workgroups/committees as assigned
* Maintain case histories, service statistics and grant-related paperwork.
* Attend Alzheimer's Association and (designated health system) staff meetings as assigned.
* Education: Master’s degree in Social Work; LCSW preferred
* Clinical experience: 2 years’ clinical services experience providing care consultation or case management; dementia care experience preferred
* Experience in student supervision and volunteer management preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word ); ability to learn donor and service user software
* This position is based at the St. Louis office. Consultations will be provided virtually by phone or Skype, in person at the St. Louis office, or at the partner healthcare locations Position operates in a flexible work environment which requires travel by car between office locations and some travel throughout chapter service area; flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet community needs
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3597