Care Consultant and Physician Outreach
The Care Consultant/Physician Outreach position is responsible for delivery of programs and services offered by the Chapter, including but not limited to: Helpline, NextSteps, and Care Consultations. Other priority duties include, liaison of multiple support groups, public speaking, education program delivery, and participation in The Walk to End Alzheimer's. In addition to direct service delivery, responsibilities include leading our physician referral and execution of physician outreach strategy including support of our regional success for health systems, awareness building in the community, and recruiting volunteers. Primary expectation of this role is the development of a health systems outreach strategy in alignment with the regional key performance indicators.
Essential Job Functions
- Works alongside Program Director to develop and execute a Chapter-wide strategy to lead the team towards meeting the key performance indicators of the strategic implementation plan including physician outreach and health systems work.
- Annually completes 75-85 care consultations, (caregiver-directed care planning).
- Annually completes 400 outbound Helpline calls via physician referral program: NextSteps.
- Serve as a liaison for family support groups.
- Present education programs to persons with the disease, family caregivers, professionals and the general public, as needed.
- Complete and submit all program-related documentation on time.
- Recruit qualified volunteers to staff health-fairs and other community outreach events.
- Recruit qualified volunteers to make outreach visits to physician offices, other health care providers quarterly.
- Assist the Development staff to raise awareness and encourage participation in the Walk to End Alzheimer's other fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in social work or nursing.
- Current Ohio and Kentucky license required.
- 3-5 years of healthcare systems background preferred.
- Experience in the field of aging.
- Understanding of Alzheimer's disease, other dementias and family caregiving issues.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Essential elements of the job may change as necessary. The demands of the job may extend beyond normal working hours and include weekends and evenings from time to time.