Campaign Data Management Specialist
The position of Campaign Data Management specialist will support Fundraising Applications and Data Management Helpdesk Queue. This position reports to Associate Director, Campaign Management. The purpose of this position is to support the Helpdesk Queue for Team Approach and CRM Query queues. This position would also support the existing CRM Applications in the daily business needs as they relate to Direct Marketing, Donor Services, Finance, Helpdesk Support, and Helpline, Major and Intermediate Giving departments and Chapter Offices.
Responsible for partnering with multi-disciplined teams in implementing and supporting fundraising solutions throughout the Association. Development of donor/client quality assurance processes and procedures for national and chapter fundraising efforts as well as financial and gift entry staff. Develop and implement business analytical tools for Direct Marketing staff.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Team Approach and CRM Queue for Helpdesk@alz.org - First point of contact for all incoming data requests. Manage the routing and completion of all tickets that are logged for TA Queue. Respond to all tickets with a phone call or email as well assign tickets to the appropriate technician within the Service Level Agreement.
- Creation of documentation and maintain all DM Exclude Matrix as related to Direct Marketing data pulls. Work directly with AD, Campaign Management to make sure all documents are delivered to meet DM Production Schedule and Support test and set up processes for Production (daily uploads, zip updates) in Personify. Participate in set up on new system and support any questions related to data management of system.
- Support in Team Approach and in Omnipoint to provide back up and support to AD, Data Manager for query requests and data pulls as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of relational Oracle databases and the ability to understand and compose Oracle SQL queries. Experience with PL/SQL programming.
- Three years’ experience in data management systems operations, supporting primary organization applications.
- Knowledge of UNIX commands.
- Experience with Team Approach or other fundraising applications and/or CRM systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office tools including extensive use of Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive experience in identifying and implementing technical solutions in a business environment.
- Strong customer service delivery.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines. Self-starter.
- Ability to effectively organize and participate in multi-discipline team projects.
- Minimum three years of SQL experience, PL/SQL a Plus
- Knowledge of database architecture, Oracle, Team Approach, Personify or Luminate
Position Location: Chicago, IL or Remote
Full time based on 37.5 hours per week
Position Grade: 505 Exempt
Reports To: AD, Campaign Management
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.