Bilingual Program Manager (Haitian Creole/English)
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. Organized in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we are advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and raising public awareness to advance our mission.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The bilingual Haitian Creole and English Program Manager conducts volunteer recruitment and management, community outreach and awareness, diversity outreach, professional and family caregiver education, care planning, support group services, and all reporting related to these areas. The Program Manager will possess a high degree of empathy for those dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, excellent communication skills, the ability to assess the needs of clients and refer caregivers and persons living with the disease to external resources as appropriate. The position has an additional focus on outreach within the Haitian and Caribbean population centers around South Florida.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops new community partnerships to increase awareness and create opportunities to expand education, support services, and volunteer engagement to achieve key strategic initiatives.
- Identifies, recruits, trains and manages volunteers who implement our programs within the community.
- Creates new relationships throughout South Florida, with special focus within the Haitian and Caribbean communities.
- Develops and maintains relationships with professional healthcare providers to facilitate increase in referrals.
- Expands the delivery of Common Program Plan, support services, and research programs.
- Delivers speaking engagements for community education and caregiver training.
- Expands programming opportunities through diversity and inclusion outreach.
- Prepares and maintains statistical reports and grant-related reports.
- Provides and promotes Helpline and in person consultations to constituents in need.
- Attends and coordinates conferences and meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual fluency in English and Haitian Creole required; additional fluency in Spanish a plus
- Experience working with volunteers with varying levels of expertise
- Experience in health and human service organization, preferably working with geriatric issues, Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- Demonstrated ability to engage and related to culturally diverse clients
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must possess valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and have access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness to travel up to 60% across the service area as requested for outreach, meetings, training, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials for meetings as needed
- Ability to work with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities during periods of high volume and tight deadlines
- Ability to analyze information and make timely and appropriate decisions in an environment where accuracy is key
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and department staff in person and on the telephone
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative