This position will serve as a member of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s team under the Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s with a focus on staff and volunteer training and support. As a part of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s team, the Associate Director will identify growth opportunities and develop resources and tools for staff and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver training and consultation to assigned Chapters.
- Monitor, evaluate and identify growth opportunities for assigned Chapters as part of planning and ongoing process.
- Participate as a core team member of national Walk training program and Leadership conference planning team identifying needs, developing and delivering core curriculum.
- Working with assigned Chapters to deliver training, identify opportunities and work directly with them on growth plans, strategies and tactics within our Event standards and best practices.
- Monitor, analyze and determine strategies based on quantitative and qualitative results (data analysis or other).
- Lead nationwide, regional and local training sessions for Chapter staff and volunteers.
- Participate as a member of the training team to develop and deliver curriculum year-round, including identifying key growth opportunities.
- Lead consulting and training efforts with assigned Chapter walk programs.
* 3-5 years national or regional event management and training experience required in a non-profit environment.
* VHA mass market event experience preferred.
* Successful candidate must have organized Walk event experience, but have the skills to adapt program experience into a program appropriately to our organization.
* Team player that has the ability to interface with various levels of staff and volunteers.
* Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
* Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
* Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. (Includes presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.)
* Ability to work and make some judgments independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
* Understanding of various computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Convio a major plus.
* Ability to travel up to 70% of time to various locations via plane and other modes
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Proven ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously, to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines in a cross-functional environment.
* Ability to influence and gain buy-in from staff and volunteers.
* Understanding of nonprofit, business strategies and processes; such as event fundraising, volunteer support and leadership development, and constituent relationship management.
* Proven experience leading project teams with multiple stakeholders.
* Ability to analyze, interpret and apply relevant findings to adjust goals and results.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with various stakeholders: care providers, researchers, policy makers, consumers and Association leadership and to provide strategic guidance in a collaborative, consultative, and positive manner.
* Ability to build consensus and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.