Associate Director, The Longest Day
The Associate Director is responsible for training and supporting The Longest Day staff and volunteers. As a part of the Longest Day team, the Associate Director will identify growth opportunities and develop resources and tools for staff and volunteers. This position is also responsible for leading the customer service efforts for participants of The Longest Day. This role drives all efforts to meet fundraising, retention and participant satisfaction goals.
This position reports to the Senior Associate Director, The Longest Day and works closely with other members of the team executing the event to ensure the success of the project. This is a remote (home-office based) position.
* Work with chapters to deliver training, identify opportunities and work directly with them on growth plans, strategies and tactics within best practices.
* Lead nationwide, regional and local training sessions for Home Office Staff, Chapter staff, volunteers, Global Teams, and participants through in person and virtual opportunities for large groups.
* Train new staff and manage the Onboarding program.
* Project manager for select Global Teams and sponsors.
* Create tools and resources for staff, volunteers, and participants to encourage recruitment and fundraising.
* Manage inbox email communication and phone line communication to provide customer service support to participants and staff.
* Manage the Welcome Call program and analyze the data to identify success stories for materials, media opportunities, potential top fundraisers, and volunteers.
* Support The Longest Day Online Community to promote recruitment, fundraising, and mission integration with staff, volunteers, and participants.
* Manage relationship with internal departments and vendors to coordinate welcome kits, t-shirts, shop items, and donation processing and inquires
* Provide customer support through editing constituent records in the online database and coordinate with various departments and web based programs to problem solve.
* Handle crisis and emergency situations as they arise in a professional and calm manner.
* Perform other duties as delegated by the Senior Associate Director.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· At least 5 years of experience in a training position, fundraising, or similar.
· Proven experience leading face to face trainings, web-based trainings and additional training resources.
· Ability to inspire, influence, and gain buy-in from staff and volunteers.
· Understanding of nonprofit, business strategies and processes; such as DIY event fundraising, volunteer support and leadership development, and constituent relationship management.
· Ability to analyze, interpret and apply relevant findings to adjust goals and results.
· Ability to work comfortably with all staff in the company hierarchy.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent time management, project management and organization skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· A high degree of responsibility, initiative, and professionalism.
· Integrity, self-determination, creativity, and honesty.
· Proven competency in software applications, including MS Word, Excel, PPT and others as determined by the need of the project.
· Direct experience working with existing vendors including Luminate (Convio) a plus;
· Apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated success in handling a large workload with complex tasks and competing timelines.
· Must possess valid driver's license and work some evenings and weekends as needed.
· Willingness to travel outside of geographic area, as needed, for training, meetings - requiring 40% travel.
· Ability to spend roughly 99% of time sitting and working on the computer and/or on the phone when not traveling.
Job Reference #: 3330