Associate Director, Technical Strategy
Job Title: Associate Director, Technical Strategy – Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote during COVID-19)
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Sr. Associate Director, Technical Strategy
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Associate Director, Technical Strategy is a position that possesses project management abilities and superior technical skill. This role lays the groundwork for the front-end development of the sites that are created outside of the main site and at times may even build these sites out entirely. Some other crucial duties of this position are: staying abreast of emerging technologies; applying new technologies that are in line with the company's business goals; participating in a new site development plan; and troubleshooting.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce Web Pages to specification with a high degree of accuracy and optimal code format.
- Assist in developing concepts and creating new designs for sites or features within a site.
- Design and develop technical site architectures to allow for responsive design, social media sharing, scalability, and simple updates/edits.
- Monitor and test existing and newly built Web sites.
- Implement Web graphics from design specifications and input/modify design.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Stays current with emerging technologies through research.
- Perform project management duties: qualifying client, project planning, dispersing assignments, creating meeting notes; and providing communications to client and team members involved.
- Provide consultation on technologies such as Luminate, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, communications, or related discipline or equivalent experience; computer science preferred
- 6 years relevant experience; 8 years preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of basic Kentico template creation.
- The ability to stay current with new technology trends and identify related business opportunities.
- An understanding of Web programming concepts such as Responsive Design, Symantec Web Development, and Search Engine Optimization.
- Expertise in code editing software with programs such as Dreamweaver, TextPad, Brackets, NotePad , and Visual Studio Code.
- The ability to develop a website from scratch or on top of a framework such as Bootstrap.
- An understanding of efficiency and scalability is a must.
- High proficiency in image optimization/creation/editing using software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10 pounds
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.