Associate Director, Strategic Projects
Associate Director, Strategic Projects
The Associate Director, Strategic Projects will work with the Office of the CEO and President and the full executive team to coordinate, implement, and provide project management for nationwide strategic priorities. This work will include collaboration with all functions and executing change management initiatives, preparing project and executive staff presentations and ensuring any projects are successfully implemented. The Associate Director of strategic projects will work closely with the Community and Field Operations team when coordinating nationwide staff and volunteer meetings and executive staff participation.
The position also works closely with the Senior Project Director, Strategic Projects, to organize and support all workgroups that includes meeting planning and project analysis. The position requires strong creative presentation and video production skills, meeting management, technical production, and organizational skills while providing optimal customer service and problem-solving.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Projects in the Office of the CEO and could work from any location with opportunity to travel for in person meetings..
- Support workgroups that seek to effect change in the Association and serves as project manager for executive staff change management initiatives to coordinate field and home office engagements especially for production of virtual experiences.
- Develops start-up project implementation resources that include defining roles and responsibilities, tool kits, and standard operating procedures for customer support requirements.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating events and facilitates production of strategic meetings that include executive staff participation by ensuring logistics, presentations, and in-event support is provided.
- Conducts ongoing project status meetings and acts as the liaison between departments to creatively manage and adjust the schedule as needed to achieve start-up project goals.
- Works closely with executive staff and internal communications to project manage virtual meeting experiences for signature events including board meetings, global and nationwide events, and staff town halls.
- Provides production support services to ensure optimal staff or volunteer experience for initial project implementation.
- Overseas approach to build organization capacity by training respective stakeholders such as field or other home office departments ensure a seamless and sustainable transition.
- Assists with metric management to help analyze project outcomes.
- Build, analyze, and synthesize staff and volunteer survey data and finds ways to improve on start-up projects
- Research and vet external vendors for new applications for the Strategic Projects and Office of the CEO.
- Undertake other strategic projects as assigned.
- Oversee departments monthly expense spending and budget reconciliation
- Proven powerpoint and technical video production capabilities to support executive staff and all staff communications
- Proven ability to translate concepts into pragmatic actions and deliver capacity-building support to key stakeholders.
- Record of accomplishment for effective project management in a fast pace environment, high-work volumes, and tight deadlines.
- Proven success providing optimal customer service to project teams and various stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of virtual convening management tools and proactively identify opportunities for implementation.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively in collaboration with all levels of the organization to accomplish large-scale projects.
- Highly organized, motivated, and detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication skills to solicit feedback and approvals with various stakeholders
- Strong problem identification and solving skills applied in a timely and effective manner.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Ability to organize and manage meeting and project logistics internally and with contracted agencies
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
Position Location: Chicago, IL or Remote
Full time or Part time: Full time
Reports To: Senior Director of Strategic Projects
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.