Associate Director, Social Media, Field
Job Title: Associate Director, Social Media, Field
Location: Chicago, IL/Remote
Full time: Full time
Reports To: Sr. Associate Director, Social Media Strategy and Engagement
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Associate Director of Social Media, Field leads social strategy for the field of chapters. This includes training, problem-solving, and implementation of strategies that complement our national campaigns, resulting in increased efficiency and conversions. This position focuses on providing guidance and asset creation to help chapters across the nation meet KPIs across all Association pillars.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating deep understanding of social channels, proactively identify opportunities for the Association
- Vision and ability to create assets that support grassroots social media engagement to support nation-wide goals
- Participate in and lead creative meetings in the field, bringing a strategic and thoughtful perspective to how to marry local and national efforts
- Training of field staff on organic and paid strategies to support KPIs in all pillars
- Strategy creation to increase registration and retention for signature events, boosting event participation and fundraising
- Ensure social media opportunities in the field are addressed strategically and roll up to complement other regional and national efforts
- Vision and strategy support to local volunteer recruitment
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, health communications, marketing or related discipline.
- 5 years in social media content strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of social trends and social impact to drive quantitative results against KPIs.
- Organized and collaborative.
- Ability to travel as needed and work occasional evenings/weekends, up to 30%
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.