Associate Director, Social Advertising
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director, Social Advertising
LOCATION: Chicago, IL or U.S. based remote
WORK HOURS: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
REPORTS TO: Director, Content Strategy & Engagement
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Social Media Ad Manager will conceptualize, execute and scale simultaneous ad campaigns supporting the Association across pillars. This position will be responsible for optimizing campaigns in real-time to achieve objectives, as well as developing reports that track successes and define learnings/opportunities for future campaigns to be developed upon.
This position reports to the Director, Content Strategy & Engagement and can be based out of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL or remotely within the United States.
- Drive cohesive strategies across multiple channels to achieve outcomes and demonstrates deep understanding of paid social.
- Responsible for execution of paid social tactics, including providing real-time input for optimization and finding efficiencies in campaigns. (Will be responsible for executing campaigns from budgets across departments.)
- Conceptualize creative for campaigns, including visual direction and copy, and manage through the creative process.
- Implementation of new and changing tactics to drive conversions and campaign objectives.
- Participate in and lead report meetings, bringing a strategic and thoughtful perspective to campaign results and learnings.
- Proactively identify opportunities and demonstrates a strong understanding of social media channels
- Collaborate with Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement on social media projects, ensuring free flow of communication.
- Analyze social media trends and social analytics, including reporting out on campaign successes
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients in order to better understand and meet their paid social media marketing needs; looks for opportunities to implement integrative campaigns
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, health communications, marketing or related discipline.
- 5 years progressive, professional experience working in social media content strategy
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Deep understanding of paid social media
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of social channels
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and the ability to use data to drive decisions.
- Ability to create and execute social campaigns (both paid and organic) that are designed to drive quantitative results against KPIs.
- Experience working in all main social channel dashboards (Facebook Business Manager/Ads Manager, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing , Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.