Associate Director, Social Advertising
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director, Social Advertising
REPORTS TO: Director, Content Strategy & Engagement
STATUS: Full-time Exempt
LOCATION: Chicago, IL or U.S. based remote
The Social Media Ad Manager will conceptualize, execute and scale simultaneous ad campaigns supporting the Association across pillars. This position will be responsible for optimizing campaigns in real-time to achieve objectives, as well as developing reports that track successes and define learnings/opportunities for future campaigns to be developed upon.
This position reports to the Director, Content Strategy & Engagement and can be based out of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL or remotely within the United States.
- Drive cohesive strategies across multiple channels to achieve outcomes and demonstrates deep understanding of paid social.
- Responsible for execution of paid social tactics, including providing real-time input for optimization and finding efficiencies in campaigns. (Will be responsible for executing campaigns from budgets across departments.)
- Conceptualize creative for campaigns, including visual direction and copy, and manage through the creative process.
- Implementation of new and changing tactics to drive conversions and campaign objectives.
- Participate in and lead report meetings, bringing a strategic and thoughtful perspective to campaign results and learnings.
- Proactively identify opportunities and demonstrates a strong understanding of social media channels
- Collaborate with Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement on social media projects, ensuring free flow of communication.
- Analyze social media trends and social analytics, including reporting out on campaign successes
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients in order to better understand and meet their paid social media marketing needs; looks for opportunities to implement integrative campaigns
- Deep understanding of paid social media
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of social channels
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and the ability to use data to drive decisions.
- Ability to create and execute social campaigns (both paid and organic) that are designed to drive quantitative results against KPIs.
- Experience working in all main social channel dashboards (Facebook Business Manager/Ads Manager, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, health communications, marketing or related discipline.
- 5 years progressive, professional experience working in social media content strategy
Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.