Associate Director, Relationship Events
The Alzheimer's Association home office seeks an Associate Director, Relationship Events to join a dynamic and highly productive team. This position will report to the Director, Relationship Events and will be responsible for logistics management and execution; fundraising support; overall coordination and strategic planning of all aspects of assigned events, including but not limited to advance planning, venue and vendor contract negotiations and coordination; collateral, sponsorship and promotional materials; event budget management; supervise the activities of volunteer leaders and work with event co-chairs to execute the event; sponsorship pledge renewals and solicitation; follow-up, administrative and tracking; volunteer recruitment and management; and on-site staffing.
This position will be located in Chicago, IL.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee assigned Special Events geared toward high-profile individuals and celebrities, including: Part the Cloud: Gala, Luncheon and Inspire Napa Valley, contributing to team’s overall revenue goal in FY20 and beyond.
- Manage event portfolio and day to day relationships with committees and key volunteers for Part the Cloud and Inspire Napa Valley.
- Oversee all aspects of event planning and fundraising, including development of solicitations, sponsorship materials and stewardship.
- Work with Sr. Director and Director to shape long-term event strategy for Inspire Napa Valley by building relationships with key volunteers and donors, identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement and developing plans to increase revenue and engagement of key donors and volunteers and manage event support staff.
- Oversee all details of the Part the Cloud Gala and Luncheon events as well as provide support to Sr. Director and Director on Part the Cloud Challenges and other fundraising efforts.
- Manage all financial aspects of assigned events, including issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive financial reports.
- Supervise event management firms and vendors to ensure timeline, production needs and budget goals are met. This includes but is not limited to: Coordination of all event logistics, collateral and communications for assigned events, including coordination of mailings, print and digital communications, event timelines, budgets, etc.; organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, promotional material etc.; and manage inventory for all event supplies.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day and oversee day-of event logistics and volunteers.
- Mentor Specialists working on Inspire Napa Valley and the Nashville Dance Party and provide overall support to the team to ensure revenue goal is met.
- Work cross-functionally with other Departments and Divisions including Marketing, PR, Donor Services, Constituent Relations and MedSci as needed to increase outreach and to identify and lead volunteer engagement and recruitment activities for high profile fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in development, special events and or marketing.
- Experience developing and managing large-scale special events with six figure budgets.
- Project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with multiple and competing deadlines.
- Experience working with and cultivating relationships with sponsors and high level volunteer leadership.
- Ability to work independently, to work under supervision and to work in a team and goal oriented environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent ability to establish relationships and collaborate with colleagues, vendors and sponsors .
- Great attention to detail while maintaining a big-picture perspective.
- Successful in volunteer/committee recruitment, guidance and management.
- Excel under pressure in fast-paced environments.
- Prefer some knowledge of Team Approach, Convio or other fundraising software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, and travel as needed. Estimated overnight travel up to 20%.