Associate Director, Membership & Conference Programming
The Associate Director, Membership and Conference Programming, will manage the membership of the Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART) and lead the implementation of its scientific programming. The Associate Director will also support logistics and agenda planning for in-person, hybrid and virtual scientific meetings. In addition to working closely with internal partner divisions, the Associate Director will also act as a key point of contact for external stakeholders, representing the Alzheimer’s Association in a positive, professional manner.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Run all logistics for ISTAART related events at AAIC, including receptions, member recognition, membership booth, ISTAART workshops
- Support logistics and agenda planning for in-person, hybrid and virtual scientific meetings
- Lead logistics and delivery of ISTAART programs including the ISTAART ambassador program and ISTAART student spotlight program.
- Strategize, develop and execute the member recruitment and retention strategies.
- Run the day-to-day operations of ISTAART, including customer service, database management and reporting, and committee coordination
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably scientific field.
- 3 years of experience, 4 or more preferred
- Experience and education related to scientific research (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to represent the Alzheimer’s Association in a positive, professional manner to key opinion leaders and stakeholders across a multitude of settings
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel throughout the US by plane and surface transportation, as well as travel internationally as needed. Must possess a valid passport.
- Experience and clear fluency using virtual platforms and able to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Position Location: Chicago, IL (Hybrid)
Full time based on a 37.5 hours a week
Position Grade: 506
Reports To: Sr Director, Scientific Programs and Outreach
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.