Associate Director, Digital Fundraising
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
* This position will develop and lead Digital Fundraising initiatives supporting the Association’s peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns and constituent event programs, including Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day, Ride to End ALZ, Third Party Fundraising, RivALZ, and Reason to Hope. Initiatives will include (but are not limited to) website redesign projects, digital recruitment and coaching campaigns, training materials, reporting, and field staff support.
* This position may be remote/work from home, or reside in the Alzheimer’s Association headquarters in Chicago, IL, and will report to the Director, Digital Fundraising.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Oversee Digital Fundraising projects (website implementation, app development, email and text campaigns, etc.) for the Association’s constituent event programs as assigned.
* Manage vendor relationships and cross-functional project teams to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and that deliverables meet stakeholder expectations.
* Develop new strategies and tactics to drive higher revenue within each program.
* Serve as a digital fundraising product manager, identifying relevant needs and opportunities to improve on existing fundraising applications, websites, and tools. Includes analyzing support case trends, reviewing end-user and staff feedback, and analyzing participant and donor data to develop requirements, iterate and improve user experience year over year.
* Develop recruitment and coaching strategies and content for participants in the Association’s Constituent Event programs.
* Serve as an escalation point for Chapter staff and helpdesk support.
* Assist in developing training materials and documentation for Association staff and volunteers.
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in peer-to-peer fundraising or with peer-to-peer fundraising applications
* Strong understanding of peer-to-peer fundraising industry and strategies
* Experience with Luminate Online/TeamRaiser or other digital fundraising platforms
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
* Ability to travel up to 15%
* Ability to prioritize and manage projects/tasks as assigned, particularly in a remote work environment
* Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously, to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines in a cross-functional environment.
* Understanding of nonprofit fundraising strategies and processes; such as peer-to-peer fundraising, event management, volunteer support, email campaigns/communication, and constituent management.
* Experience leading projects with multiple stakeholders.
* Ability to interpret and apply relevant findings from participant and donor data, market research and industry trends to inform strategies for growth.
* Knowledge of digital fundraising best practices, strategies, technologies, processes and systems.
* Ability to communicate with staff, vendors, and volunteers to provide strategic guidance in a collaborative, consultative, and positive manner.
* Ability to build consensus and to work with others to achieve desired results and objectives.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community, particularly in a remote work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with various stakeholders: chapter staff and volunteers, care providers, researchers, policy makers, and Association leadership
* Ability to analyze complex situations and propose solutions which support the Association’s mission and vision.
* Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Email Deliverability, and UX Design concepts a plus.
* Ability to implement web and email content using Luminate Online a plus.
Job Reference #: 3574