Associate Director, Digital Content
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director, Digital Content
REPORTS TO: Director, Web Content & Creative
STATUS: Full-Time Exempt
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
The Alzheimer’s Association is looking for an experienced content guru to join our digital creative team. This is a role where content strategy, information architecture, editorial development and nonprofit communications come together. Apply if you are passionate about making a difference and shaping digital content.
In addition to managing overall digital strategy to improve user experience and content consumption on alz.org, this position is responsible for the day-to-day creation and iteration of content.
The ideal candidate understands best practices, keeps up on industry trends and is interested in what’s next for digital content. The Associate Director creates effective web copy based on viewer behavior, analytics, SEO, accessibility and other requirements. They also have the ability to organize information across a large-scale digital content ecosystem with multiple public sites.
This position reports to the Director, Web Content & Creative. While the Association is currently working remotely, upon a return to the office, this position will be based at the Home Office in Chicago.
- Create new digital content as well as repurpose print and other source material for web. Shape content strategy to support our mission pillars and to ensure content is found at point-of-need for multiple audiences. Plan strategic content iteration through the lifespan of conferences, programs, fundraising events and initiatives.
- Develop and evolve direction documents for designers and developers.
- Manage communication, feedback and approvals with stakeholders.
- Include QA and testing as part of the content development process before publication.
- Work with UX, visual design and developers to create engaging solutions that connect with users.
- Review and interpret data to inform recommendations and strategies.
- Audit and refresh alz.org to maintain user-centric content.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- A strong writer, editor and leader comfortable owning decisions and projects; proficient in AP style.
- Demonstrates interest in the written word, language and storytelling on a digital platform.
- Demonstrated ability to create and iterate on macro and micro content strategies.
- Experience leading small-scale site migrations, including information architecture and content mapping.
- Expertise in SEO and analytics to drive decisions and optimize content.
- Experience working within a content management system (we use Kentico). Working knowledge HTML is helpful but not required.
- Highly organized, motivated and detail oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to collaborate with people at all levels of the organization. Team player with goal-oriented personality.
- Experience working with nonprofits and / or health-related information, as well as experience in accessibility, taxonomy and content governance are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Library Science, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- 5-8 years' progressive experience defining, developing and evolving digital content
Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.