Associate Director,Community Outreach/Educ.
The Associate Director of Community Outreach and Education reports to the Director of Community Outreach and Education and works closely with the Programs and Services team as well as the Associate Director of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives.
The Associate Director of Community Outreach and Education is responsible for coordinating and conducting community outreach and a myriad of educational programming alternatives. This person will provide Alzheimer’s Association common programs in Albany County.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct outreach and build mutually beneficial working relationships with physicians, service providers, care facilities, regulators, educators and other stakeholders who have an interest in Alzheimer’s Association initiatives.
- Collaborate with staff to strategically develop, manage and grow opportunities for others to partner and/or collaborate with the Association.
- Serve as a community liaison by participating in community events and fielding questions and requests from the public.
- Represent the Association at appropriate meetings, public events, conferences and media events as needed.
- Within designated county, promote and provide Alzheimer’s Association programs and services.
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of the Annual Professional and Caregiver’s Conferences.
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of Community Forums designed to assess needs and strengths throughout the NENY region.
- Work with the Director of Education and Outreach, as well as the Region 12 Health Systems Director, to engage with NENY priority health systems.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and Program and Services team to recruit, train and support Volunteers for community education, health fair representation, and outreach.
- Work with the Director of Programs and Services and Director of Outreach and Education to ensure that the Association’s annual constituent education objectives are achieved in an accurate, effective, efficient and timely manner and consistent with the Alzheimer’s Association Portfolio of Common Programs.
- In response to community need and consistent with Alzheimer’s Association best practices; market, and/or conduct a variety of professional training opportunities; including Train the Trainer programs, Dementia Care Practice Recommendation trainings, in-services and on-line training modules.
- Work with program leadership to ensure that all grant commitments, especially those focused in education initiatives, are met and all reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with program leadership to mentor and support program staff.
- Assist program leadership with meeting the Association’s Strategic Plan Program goals and objectives AND identify opportunities for local innovation.
- Assist program leadership with development of annual goals and budgets.
- Maintain and input data as needed and/or required
- BA in Social Work, Psychology, Education or other health related field.
- Minimum 3 years in health/human service related field.
- Familiarity with Alzheimer’s and related dementias, and/or aging and health issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to teach, train and/or speak in front of groups.
- Proficient in Windows and other software programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Personify and Google Apps.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid work ethic, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills with ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Self-directed with the ability and desire to learn.
- Requires a high degree of creative, original, analytic, strategic and independent thinking for problem solving and the identification/development of new programs and services.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and to a lesser extent, nationally as needed, to perform job duties.
- NYS driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
Job Reference #: 3883