Associate Director, Accounts Payable & Cashiering
The overall purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of accounts payable and cashiering. Prepare and enter month-end /journal entries (JE) and monthly balance sheet account analysis/ reconciliations. Instruct new staff on proper procedures for accounts payable, processing of checks submitted to cashiering for deposit, wires, ACH, etc. Act as liaison with banks concerning set-up of new bank accounts, transmit weekly positive pay files, issue stop payments as needed, set-up domestic and international wires and resolve other banking issues as they occur.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the workflow of Accounts Payable and ensure invoices are paid timely and accurately, vendor requests are being attended to, and discrepancies are addressed quickly. Ensure outstanding customer service.
- Manage the workflow of Cashiering. Coordinates activities with other departments (i.e. Donor Services). Possess high-level knowledge of all department workflow as it relates to input and output from the cashiering area. Ensure daily deposits are prepared on time. Ensure month end closing deadlines are met on time.
- Train, develop and evaluate the transactional accounting staff.
- Manage and assure the completion of necessary income tax reports, including forms 1099s. File the appropriate forms with IRS by deadline.
- Manage Vendor Master List, ACH set-up, DocLink and other departmental projects
- Other miscellaneous duties or projects as assigned.
- Work effectively with the financial accounting staff regarding transactions, reports and analysis; monitor the internal controls regarding Association assets and confidential information within the transactional accounting area.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years of experience in related field of Accounts Payable and Cashiering
- 3 years of supervisory experience ( leading, coaching and hiring staff)
- Strong knowledge of Accounts Payable and Cashiering compliance and regulations, specifically IRS.
- Experience with full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Experience with maintaining a vendor master list, 1099s and other required IRS forms.
- Experience with Positive Pay, banking wires, ACH, preferably familiar with donor databases, Concur, ADP, etc.
- Experience with protecting company/organization resources (cash), documenting internal controls and developing procedures and processes.
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Excel and Word). Ability to learn and use other computer software.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to people with little or no financial background through direct interaction or leading group training.
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain material issues and information to all levels in both written and verbal communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with outstanding customer service
- Ability to work under deadlines and meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem resolution skills and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic and wiliness to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details.
Job Reference #: 3113