Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Work Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week
Reports To: Executive Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Administrative assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office and remote staff. This part time role will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. This person will be responsible for confidential and time sensitive material, and will be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures in order to efficiently provide support. The position performs significant teamwork and collaboration with staff, volunteers, and community members within a level of independent judgement.
This part time role will begin working remotely due to Covid-19, but responsible for weekly office visits to coordinate mail processing and donations for the Chapter. This position will also be expected to return to an office based environment when it is safe to do so.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Efficiently support operations and administrative responsibilities to include: supply ordering, vendor relations, communications and office management to ensure smooth operations and workflow
- Support and execute effective data entry utilizing established database systems
- Lead mail processing process and revenue deposits, following all established internal guidelines and controls
- Management of reception/incoming phone calls for offices, including recruitment and training of any local volunteers
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation or regularly scheduled reports
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years’ experience in an operations or administrative role required. 3-5 years of progressive experience in an operations or administrative role preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting coordination
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications, Google Calendar and database management, with experience in CRM databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain and secure confidential and sensitive data
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.