The Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer’s research and the premier source of support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million family members and caregivers. The Alzheimer’s Association has been recognized as the #1 large Best Nonprofit to Work for in the Non-Profit Times Best Non-Profit Organizations to Work for the past 7 years.
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate and assist with the planning, management, and daily operations of the Medical & Scientific Relations Department under the direction of the Medical and Scientific Relations Directors and in compliance with Organization Standards and policy, and Medical and Scientific operations. This position requires a high-level of interpersonal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, with the ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously.
This position is based at the National Office in Chicago, Illinois and reports to the Director, Scientific Engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maintains calendars and coordinates travel for three directors, including all associated logistics and coordination with on-site teams; reviews expense reports for compliance with travel policy and processes in timely fashion.
* Manages logistics of on- and off-site meetings and teleconferences and assists directors with management and execution of internal meetings
* Assists the Associate Director, Medical & Scientific Relations with planning of travel for external research partners.
* Supports other Medical and Scientific Relations Administrative Staff and provides backup for Director support when needed.
* Travels to, facilitates, and/or attends division-related meetings as needed,
* Maintains accurate and timely financial records for three directors, including processing and following up invoices for payment, reviewing and submitting reimbursement forms, as directed by director(s), supports preparation of monthly financial reports, and manages Concur reconciliation for directors’ monthly expenses accounting and reporting,
* Directs the flow of internal and external requests for scientific information and responds to customer questions in a timely manner.
* Provides support to the Medical and Scientific Relations Specialist responsible for the Med Sci request portal. Manage requests of information or travel for assigned directors and ensure directors are provided with any required paperwork or agreed-upon follow-up.
* Supports coordination of contract management for director(s) and assists with the maintenance of the Conflict of Interest Disclosures for advisory boards.
* Maintains monthly reports for department budget, forecast and expenses.
* Serves as the technological liaison between IT department, Office Support Team, outside vendors and department.
* Coordinates with other departments and divisions as required.
* Recommends improvements to systematic processes.
* Performs additional duties as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external constituencies and communicate with people at all levels of the Association
* Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills to communicate in person and using phone or
* Ability to help plan projects and meet deadlines
* Demonstrated multi-tasking, problem-solving, and prioritization skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changing needs and schedules in a fast-paced environment
* Must be detail-oriented and able to review documents for content
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Google mail systems with the ability learn new software quickly
* Must be able to type 50 WPM.
* Must be able to develop and maintain a variety of databases and reporting mechanisms
* Ability to understand scientific terms related to Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementia
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
* Experience with coordinating departmental budgets and perform mathematical calculations as needed
* Possess the ability to lift up to 25lbs
Job Reference #: 3349