Administrative and Operations Coordinator
The Administrative and Operations Coordinator for Relationship Events and Strategic Partnerships provides full-time support to the Vice President and the team. This position requires a high-level of interpersonal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, with the ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously.
This position is based in the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Vice President of Relationship Events and Strategic Partnerships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage travel and lodging for team conferences and events in partnership with conference services (RSVP’s, hotel blocks, food/banquet needs, etc)
- Process all contracts through to completion and approval
- Perform data management and analysis as needed for team
- Process all invoices for approval and payment
- Subject matter expert for CRM
- Track and manage gift processing and donor acknowledgements for Home Office events
- Manage onboarding and contracting for event management system for the Field events
- Day to day Relationship Events team office operations support (room bookings, expense reports, etc.)
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of administrative support and/or office management
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external constituencies and communicate with people at all levels of the Association
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills to communicate clearly and concisely in person, by phone or email
- Demonstrated multi-tasking, problem-solving, and prioritization skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changing needs and schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented and able to review documents for content
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google mail systems with the ability learn new software quickly
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Possess or be able to develop a general knowledge of database management manipulation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Experience with coordinating departmental budgets and perform mathematical calculations as needed
- Experience with Personify CRM system highly desired
- Possess the ability to bend, stoop, lift, and transport up to 20lbs
Position Title: Administrative and Operations Coordinator
Position Location: Home Office - Downtown Chicago, IL
Full time based on 37.5 hours per week minimum
Position Grade: 504 Non-Exempt
Reports To: VP, Relationship Events & Strategic Partnerships
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.