Associate Director, Stewardship
The Alzheimer's Association National office seeks an Associate Director of Stewardship responsible for implementing initiatives within a comprehensive stewardship plan for major gift donors, foundations and planned giving. The Associate Director of Stewardship will report to the Director, Strategic Donor Engagement, and work with other staff to implement and coordinate association-wide stewardship initiatives that appropriately and consistently promote interaction with and recognition of donors.
This position is based at the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Director, Strategic Donor Engagement.
Essential Job Functions
* Implements proactive program for donor relations and stewardship
* Implement a relaunch of a giving society for donors of $10K to $999,999 (currently the Aspire Society) in collaboration with the Director of Strategic Donor Engagement
* Implements a relaunch of the Founders Society in collaboration with the Director of Planned Giving
* Encourages donor advisors to execute and track stewardship moves in a timely manner
* Works collaboratively with Major gifts, Foundation and Planned Giving officers on assigned stewardship activities
* Collaborates with the Director of Communications and Director, Strategic Donor Engagement on assigned donor engagement communications and recognition materials.
* Ensures the accurate and timely external reporting to donors on the impact of their giving
* Manages and maintains records for assigned Association giving and recognition opportunities
* Coordinates and assists in the management and tracking of giving and recognition opportunities
* Coordinates research, program & advocacy priority funding areas and reporting
* Manages and coordinates acknowledgements, pledge agreements, reminders, and stewardship reporting for major, planned and foundation giving
* Tracks and analyzes outcomes of stewardship events, engagements, and activities
* Other related job duties as assigned.
* BA degree, Advanced degree a plus
* 5-7 years of progressive, related, professional nonprofit fundraising experience
* Proven success in implementing donor engagement and recognition plans, preferably in an academic medical center or related to medical research
* Demonstrated skills in the donor engagement and recognition process
* Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; affinity for relationship building
* Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and carry out activities independently to meet specific timelines and goals
* Keen understanding of working in a federated, non-profit structure, coupled with desire to work collaboratively across functions and chapter
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications
* Familiarity with Team Approach and/or other donor database software
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends, and travel as needed. Estimated overnight travel up to 10%.
Job Reference #: 3350