AD, Health Systems Account
Job Title: Associate Director, Health Systems Account (Home Office)
Location: US-based remote
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Director, Health Systems Strategy (Area West)
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Associate Director, Health Systems Accounts (ADHSA) will support the Association’s National Health Systems agenda by providing ongoing consultative client support. The ADHSA supports the roles of the two Directors, Health Systems Strategy and oversees aspects of the client relationship while being responsible for the achievement of the Alzheimer’s Association’s key objectives to improve, through systems change, ADRD detection and diagnosis, dementia care management and planning and dementia-related services within the health system. This will be done through a consultative, collaborative, relationship management approach. The ADHSA’s responsibilities will include a primary focus on building new relationships within health systems at multiple levels and identifying key individuals to receive in-depth strategic development and consultation from the Directors, Health Systems Strategy. Within key accounts, this position will cultivate the key relationships, complete appropriate discovery, and work with and under the direction of Director, Health Systems Strategy-Area West to advance system level goals.
This position requires a service-oriented self-starter who can effectively cultivate, grow and maintain strong long-term relationships with national health systems/organizations. This position will report to the Director, Health Systems Strategy (Area West) and is a US-based remote work location.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivate national, key account relationships and manage health initiatives and projects within these accounts. Identify primary decisions makers and stakeholders within the health systems to identify targeted business objectives and align each accounts interest and needs with the Associations targeted business priorities and goals. Identify opportunities to grow business within existing client relationships and account targets.
- With a strong sales aptitude, demonstrating extensive, accurate product knowledge, the Associate Director Health Systems Accounts will manage a portfolio of health systems relationships. The emphasis will be to assist with managing KPI performance in organizations with the greatest potential to impact the Association's health systems goals.
- Aligned with the national health systems strategy and the Directors, Health System Strategy the ADHSA will participate in or lead client meetings using a consultative sales management approach, collaborating with internal departments to facilitate client need fulfillment.
- When required, collaborates with internal staff partners including chapter staff to ensure a coordinated effort and response to the Health Systems (account) needs, while creating high impact opportunities with other key departments within the Association to ensure cross promotion and support of organizational goals and/or messaging
- As part of the Home Office team the Associate Director Health Systems Accounts will assist with the development of tools and ideas for improving national account customers' experience selling our product and services. Ensure adherence to all relevant brand guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in health, healthcare administration, business or related field. Master level preferred.
- 5 or more years demonstrated experience working for or with heath systems, or other healthcare industry experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, to interface with all levels of staff and leadership.
- 5 or more years of demonstrated experience cultivating productive working relationships with decision-makers with national accounts.
- 1-3 years of experience in training, quality improvement methodologies, or project management recommended (preferred)
- Working with Payers, QIN, QIOs, Medicare etc. (preferred)
- Previous working experience as a National Account Manager for 2 years (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills, and exceptional presentation skills
- Experience working with health systems and the use of data analysis to appropriately and effectively use data to guide decisions and drive systems change. Demonstrated understanding of healthcare administration (i.e. MCO’s, ACO’s, QIN, QIOs).
- Experience tracking performance KPIs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Experience with program planning, implementation, and evaluation with the use of string problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, with working knowledge of CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce)
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week) will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.