Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions suffering from the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
Based in Denver, Colorado, the Accounting Manager will provide accounting, financial and budgetary support and analysis to regional Chapter locations throughout Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. This position reports to the Regional Finance Director.
- Process revenue transactions and data feeds, prepare revenue spreadsheets and journal entries and reconcile bank/accounting records.
- Collaborate with other staff on donor support, transaction research and analysis.
- Assist with Account/ Pledge Receivable billings and reconcile and maintain related schedules.
- Use the grant management system to prepare or review related invoices, record receivables and reconcile records.
- Facilitate the accurate tracking, substantiation and recording of restricted funds.
- Assist with financial reporting, including departmental performance management, budget preparation and ongoing operating forecasts.
- Enter regional Chapter budget information in BI360 Budget Planner.
- Prepare journal entries as needed.
- Support overall regional accounting and finance functions, including acting as backup for regional accounts payable position.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or closely related field
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, including financial statement analysis and budgetary tracking. Prior non-profit and fund accounting experience preferred
- Ability to effectively solve problems and successfully and efficiently implement accounting processes
- Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, multitask, set priorities, delegate and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Google platform, accounting software and financial reporting systems. Experience using SAGE 500 and BI360 reporting software preferred
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Job Reference #: 3027