- Supports the functions of accounting, finance and chapter-wide budgets, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and oversees compliance at the chapter level of accounting and contract policies and procedures, including:
- Implement Home Office financial systems that support chapter operations and ensures that internal control systems are in place
- Provide timely reporting and metrics to support Chapter(s) and division/department management as needed
- Support assigned Chapter’s during the budgeting process.
- Work closely with the Home office Accounting and Donor Services departments in monitoring Chapter budget, determining shared revenue, coordinating annual audit process and bequests, preparing journal entries and all necessary aspects of finance and operations procedures.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of accounting, day-to-day operations and capital expenditures of assigned Chapters, including:
- Prepare and process Accounts Payable request forms, track payment requests
- Prepare and process Accounts Receivable invoices upon request, track payments
- Manage and monitor expenses and reporting requirements
- Coordinate daily cash handling batches and enter deposits into accounting system
- Prepare monthly database reconciliations
- Assist with monthly close process in collaboration with the Home office
- Research and resolve various inquiries from staff
- Monitor temporarily and permanently restricted funds and prepare related releases.
- Advise FRD on financial and operations issues as necessary
- Ensure compliance with state and federal reporting requirements and Association standards
- Manage financial reporting associated with grants received by chapter(s), ensuring appropriate spending of grant funds within time frame of grants.
- Provide written reports as needed for Grant Manager to submit to funder according to funder’s schedule.
- Work with Grant Manager to determine costs for chapter activities for use in grant request
- Monitor grant expenditures and assist with Release from Restriction on a quarterly basis
- Maintain official file of grant contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or work experience in related field
- Five to seven years of management experience
- Strong overall operations management experience encompassing finance, budgeting and strategic planning
- Effective financial skills and ability to analyze historical data, day-to-day operational expenses, capital expenditures and forecast/plan/budget accordingly
- Experience in strategic planning and budget development and management
- Experience acting as both the "go-to" person and a trainer who can teach others how to budget, set priorities and build a team-driven culture
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google applications and accounting software packages
- Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangout
- Sage Financial Software, MAS 500 and BI360 Financial Reporting Software a plus
Job Reference #: 2808