The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last 12 years in a row.
Under the direction of the Finance Region Director, the Accounting Managers will manage the day-to-day accounting functions of the Alzheimer’s Association of the CA Southland, Orange County, San Diego and CA Central Coast Chapters. A major emphasis of this position is to maintain a high level of attention to details with accounting systems journal entries (supporting documents & flies) to track and allocate expenditures to Federal grants, fulfilling pre and post grant reporting requirements and to manage governmental fiscal audits and renewals.
This full-time position is located in one of our offices in Southern California or remote and reports to the Regional Finance Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of all general accounting functions for the Region 3 Chapters.
- Supervise, develop and coach staff
- Responsible for full general ledger closing each month subject to deadlines.
- Monitor and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain required processes for compliance with Federal Grant Award requirements; review and record monthly invoices, complete pre-award, post-award, and close-out reports and manage funding agency audits and renewals.
- Participate in annual budget process.
- Assist with all chapter finance related questions/needs and deliver exception customer service.
- Track temporarily restricted funds and prepare release journal entries as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and historical reports for Chapters and various internal departments from automated reporting system.
- Assist with all chapter finance related questions and matters.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five or more years of experience in day-to-day operations of accounting and finance department.
- Preferably non-profit accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strength in managing accounts payable, general ledger, and budgeting.
- Thorough understanding of developing and working with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with Workday or other automated accounting and financial reporting systems (Adaptive Insights or BI360 for example) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge and/or ability to become familiar with Uniform Grant Guidance as it relates to Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-profit Organizations.
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient, with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, and problem-solve effectively.
- Strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others and keep supervisors well informed.
- Willing to work additional hours as needed on occasion and organize tasks and work flow to meet deadlines.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks, and to be highly flexible.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Ability to travel overnight for regional and annual finance meetings (once it is safe to travel).
Location: Region 3 (Central & Southern California or REMOTE
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Grade: 507 ($65,000 - $90,000)
Reports To: Regional Finance Director, Region 3 & 9
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ACCOU001557