Under the direction of the Finance Region Director, the Accounting Managers will manage the day-to-day accounting functions of the Alzheimer’s Association of the Capital of Texas, Dallas & Northeast Texas, Houston & Southeast Texas, North Central Texas, San Antonio & South Texas, and West Texas Chapters. A major emphasis of this position is to maintain a high level of attention to details with accounting systems journal entries (supporting documents & flies) to track and allocate expenditures to Federal grants, fulfilling pre and post grant reporting requirements and to manage governmental fiscal audits and renewals.
This full-time position is hybrid in either Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston, TX or remote and reports to the Regional Finance Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of all general accounting functions for Region 7 Chapters.
- Supervise, develop and coach staff
- Responsible for full general ledger closing each month subject to deadlines.
- Monitor and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain required processes for compliance with Federal Grant Award requirements; review and record monthly invoices, complete pre-award, post-award, and close-out reports and manage funding agency audits and renewals.
- Participate in annual budget process.
- Assist with all chapter finance related questions/needs and deliver exception customer service.
- Track temporarily restricted funds and prepare release journal entries as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and historical reports for Chapters and various internal departments from automated reporting system.
- Assist with all chapter finance related questions and matters.
- Preforms Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated strength in managing accounts payable, general ledger, and budgeting.
- Thorough understanding of developing and working with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with Workday or other automated accounting and financial reporting systems (Adaptive Insights or BI360 for example) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge and/or ability to become familiar with Uniform Grant Guidance as it relates to Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-profit Organizations.
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient, with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, and problem-solve effectively.
- Strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others and keep supervisors well informed.
- Willing to work additional hours as needed on occasion and organize tasks and work flow to meet deadlines.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks, and to be highly flexible.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five or more years of experience in day-to-day operations of accounting and finance department.
- Preferably non-profit accounting experience.
- Experience in successfully leading, coaching and managing a tea
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to travel overnight for regional and annual finance meetings
JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Finance Director, Region 7
SUPERVISES: Senior Staff Accountant
LOCATION: Remote or Hybrid (Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston)
STATUS: Full time 37.hrs/wk
Who We Are
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease
A world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia. At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ACCOU001558