Under the direction of the Finance Region Director, the Accounting Managers will manage the day-to-day accounting functions of the Alzheimer’s Association of the Greater Indiana and Greater Kentucky chapters. A major emphasis of this position is to maintain accounting systems to track and allocate expenditures to Federal grants, fulfilling pre and post grant reporting requirements and to manage governmental fiscal audits and renewals.
This full-time position is located in either Chicago, Illinois or Indianapolis, IN and reports to the Regional Finance Director.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsible for day-to-day operations of all general accounting functions for Area Chapters.
* Monitor and record revenue on a daily basis
* Monitor and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
* Provide oversight and backup for accounts payable.
* Reconcile and balance various bank accounts on a monthly basis
* Maintain required processes for compliance to Federal Grant Award requirements; review and record monthly invoices, close-out reports (Statements of Activities) and historical reports for local offices and various internal departments from automated reporting system.
* Assist in the preparation of required schedules and documentation for annual audit and assist with the preparation and compilation of data necessary to complete Form 990.
* Responsible for full general ledger closing each month- subject to deadlines
* Support the Regional Finance Director in the planning and monitoring of budgets, preparing of various cost estimates, proposals, contract renewals and special projects as required
* Perform all necessary uploads from fund-raising software into accounting system. Assist in transitions to any new/proposed data migrations.
* Assist with all chapter finance related questions and matters.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree accounting and/or finance or equivalent work experience in Not-for-Profit Accounting or business management
* Minimum of five or more years of relevant professional experience
* Demonstration of written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Google platform, experience with SAGE 500 or other automated accounting reporting systems (BI360 et al) preferred
* Proven work history of effective bookkeeping, accounting and budget experience
* Ability to problem solve effectively
* Strong organization skills with the ability handle multiple assignments and tasks
* Ability to work effectively with a team or independently
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3513