Accounting & Finance Sr. Specialist
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association is seeking to hire a Accounting & Finance Senior Specialist professional. This position is based at the Association's Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL.
Interested candidates who meet the following criteria are warmly invited to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maintain fixed asset records.
* Maintain chart of accounts.
* Prepare monthly journal entries as required for Home Office as assigned.
* Maintain accuracy and control of general journal entry filings, binders and financial upload documents.
* Prepare monthly account reconciliations, resolving all reconciling items and discrepancies in a timely manner as required for Home Office.
* Perform account analysis as required, including Conferences, for Home Office.
* Assist with and/or run and review daily upload from donor data base to accounting system.
* Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting
* Minimum four years of financial accounting experience, including journal entry, cash account reconciliation, and balance sheet account reconciliation experience. Not for profit experience preferred.
* Proficient with monthly closings; experience with preparing a large organization for year-end audit
* Proficient with MS products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
* Able to communicate financial information effectively in person, in writing, or by phone.
* Proficiency with automated accounting systems. Prefer SAGE and Fixed Asset System.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to recognize and resolve accounting discrepancies monthly.
* Ability to understand and explain accounting principles and reporting systems.
* Ability to reconcile complex bank statements in a timely manner
* Ability to prepare depreciation, prepaid expense, deferred revenue journal entries as well as reconcile same accounts in a timely manner.
* Must be detail oriented and highly organized
Job Reference #: 3331