Under the direction of the Region Finance Director, the Accountant will work in the San Jose office and assist the Finance Director with accounts payable, accounting tasks and help to maintain all financial records and supporting documents of the Alzheimer's Association of Northern California and Northern Nevada Chapter.
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week, located in San Jose, California, and reports to the Regional Finance Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Fully Responsible for Accounts Payable function.
* Help with annual budget.
* Track Respite Grant spending and hours.
* Provide backup for Grant Tracking and Federal Monitoring activities for Grants in Region. Assist in the preparation of required schedules and documentation for annual audit and assist with the preparation and compilation of data necessary to complete Form 990.
* Prepare, Make the Bank Deposit and assist in Bank Reconciliations for the Region.
* Support the Regional Finance Director in the planning and monitoring of budgets, preparing of various cost estimates, proposals, contract renewals, and special projects as required.
* Other accounting tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
* Preferably at least three years of experience in day-to-day operations of accounting and finance department
* Demonstrated strength in accounts payable, general ledger, budgeting and payroll information for an accounting unit
* Thorough understanding of developing and working with Excel spreadsheets
* Working knowledge and/or Ability to become familiar with Uniform Grant Guidance as it relates to Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-profit Organizations
* Detail oriented, accurate and efficient, with strong organizational skills
* Self-starter, able to work autonomously, and problem-solve effectively
* Strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills
* Ability to work well with others and keep supervisors well informed
* Willing to work additional hours as needed on occasion and organize tasks and work flow to meet deadlines
* Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks, and to be highly flexible
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
Job Reference #: 3259